Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Brief Encounter with Digital Culture

Another lovely commission from More Music, this time for a project with Folly Gallery and held at Carnforth Station. We produced A6 flyers and A4 posters to advertise this project to introduce young people to digital art and sound recording. Wish this was around when I was a kid.


I’ve done a few projects for More Music now, and each of them has been really great to do. They respect your creativity and always push me a little outside of what I normally do. This time, I’ve taken the image and turned it into curves and then used transparency to bring out the deep blue and white. The text uses a pixelated font (synchro). The result, I hope, is to combine a slightly mystical sense of nature as transmitted through clinical digital media.

No comments:

Post a Comment