Sunday, November 5, 2006

Home Fires: a play by Lesley Anne Rose

The Dukes, Lancaster, has just announced its Spring season for 2007 and it includes Home Fires by Lesley Anne Rose (my wife for those who might have found this but don't know me). Lesley's play follows two story lines, both set in Lancaster, the first set in 1943 during the Second World War and the second in 2003 on the eve of Britain and America invading Iraq. Opening night is February 2 2007.

I'm very excited and am looking for a cheap place to get my dj dry cleaned ready for the big event.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to learn CSS for a new website (arghhhh!) and working on a series of other projects, including the triennial report for the Francis C Scott Charitable Trust (more later) and Hazelmere Café in Grange over Sands, which is great fun to work with. Dorothy at the Hazelmere has told me about her adventures setting up a temporary tea shop in a Osaka shopping mall, or some such. Details will likely turn up in my first novel, very Murakami mad. But the design for there tea tin went down well. At some point I'll figure out how to get a good photo of the tin and post it, perhaps when the second edition happens in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment